PHOTO STORY | SOCIAL ACTIVITY
Ben and Jerry’s Thailand
Ben & Jerry’s and ‘BIG Trees Project’ Calling For ‘Tree Rangers’
Inviting Fans to Support ‘Climate Change’ Activism.
Going beyond the giving away of the free cone of ice cream, Ben & Jerry’s Thailand was partnering with ‘BIG Trees Project’, a group that founded ‘Urban Trees Network’ to deliver the ‘out-of-pint’ goodness with the brand’s rich heritage of campaigning for climate change, ‘Save Our Swirled’ , calling its fans jump to join and be a ‘Tree Ranger’ to help monitoring if there is any big tree being trimmed inappropriately, for example, the branch is pruned away that it looks unnatural, the top is wrongly cut off, or the trunk is cemented, and etc, and then, taking a photo of those trees and upload it on social media with hashtag #TreeRanger or #SaveOurSwirled. This activity was carried out aimed to create awareness among Bangkokians and create action through the online and social media bandwagon while being purposed to become further solution guideline. This activity has been held around Bangkok, such as, Thammasat University – Tha Prachan campus, Somdet Chaopraya Institute of Psychiatry, Chulalongkorn University and more to come. Please stay tune on the activities at Facebook benandjerrysTH and BIG Trees Project’s Facebook fanpage.
For more information or participate the movement, please visit www.benjerry.co.th/climate
1. Ben & Jerry’s Thailand, together with BIG Trees, held the Tree Ranger activity at Thammasat University, Tha Prachan campus.
2. Asst. Prof. Dr. Prinya Thaewanarumitkul, Vice Rector for Administration and Sustainability of Thammasat University, demonstrated how to trim the trees properly.
3. Ben and Jerry’s invited the young generation to be the Tree Ranger.
4. Let’s Save Our Swirled – don’t let the world heating up.
5. Ben & Jerry’s gave away its euphoric flavor ice cream to fans.
6. Everybody can help save the world from global warming stage, just help nurture the big trees and hashtag #TreeRanger or #SaveOurSwirled