Krungthai call for artists for the 4th Krungthai Art Awards
Competing for Princess Sirindhorn’s trophy and cash prizes worth Bt2.7 million
A great venue allowing Thai and foreign artists to showcase their creative paintings, printing and sculpture, the 4th Krungthai Art Awards is now open for artists nationwide to submit their works. Organizer Krungthai Bank Public Co. Ltd., is inviting artists to submit their artworks that are inspired by Thaicharm in various aspects including art, culture, ways of life and environment. Artists are free to create work by their own inspirations to portray “Krungthai” – the land that is rich with aesthetic art value and high moral that will bring thriving economy, ideas and creativities for sustainable prosperity. Artists will compete for the trophy of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s trophy and cash prized worth Bt2.7 million in total.
The competition allows the artists to present their works freely in term of individual ideas, forms and techniques in the context of contemporary arts. The submission schedule is between 23-25 November 2018 at the following venues:
-Central region Krungthai Art Gallery, 260 Yaowaraj Road, Chakkrawat sub-district, Samphanthawong district, Bangkok. Call 0-2222-0137 or 0-2208-4455
*Selected works shall be displayed at Krungthai Art Gallery
– Northern region, Faculty of Fine Arts, Chiang Mai University, Huay Keaw Road, Tambon Suthep, Muang district, Chiang Mai. Contact Arjarn Pongsiri Kiddee at 08-4019-2483 *selected works shall be displayed within a region.
– North Eastern region, Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts, Khon Kaen University, Mitraparb Road, Tambon Nai Muang, Muang district, Khon Kaen. Contact Asst. Prof. Thawatchai Changkwian at 08-5002-5455 *selected works shall be displayed within a region.
– Southern region, Faculty of Fine Arts, Thaksin University, Moo 4, Tambon Khao-Roob-Chang, Muang district, Songkhla. Contact Arjarn Chairat Saengthong at 08-4193-9055. *selected works shall be displayed within a region.
Artwork Categories and Submission Conditions
1. Artwork Category
Painting: image size must not exceed 1.80 m. for each side (frame and platform excluded)
Printing: image size must not exceed 1.80 m. for each side (frame and platform excluded)
Sculpture: artwork size must not exceed 1.20 m. for each side (frame and platform excluded).
Rules and regulation for Submission
– All entries submitted must be able to be moved freely. All artworks must be completed with strong structure, equipped with installation devices that are suitable and ready for display at the exhibition.
– Artists with entries that require special installation techniques have to set up the works by themselves and finish installing at the judging venue before 4pm of the last submission date.
– Each artist can submit up to 3 entries, and artworks must be the property of artists. All submitted artworks should not have been displayed in any exhibition, or entered any other competitions.
– Entrants must provide details of artists including name, address and details of entries in the forms arranged by the organizer.
– The copy of ID card for Thai or passport for foreigner with a visa stamp (if any) must be submitted with the application form.
– Artists are liable for breach of law which includes, but not limited to, copyright violation, patent infringement, trademark or any other intellectual property rights of the third parties for the composition of the work that artists use to create the entries.
“The 4th Krungthai Art Awards” will announce the winners on www.ktb.co.th and on media. All decisions will be final. The Bank reserves the right to select the appropriate work for the prizes and the exhibition as well as reducing or adding the prizes.